Open Letter to Perth SC Members from new President Jason Marocchi
Dear Member and Supporters,
It is a privilege to be entrusted by you as the new President of our proud club.
Firstly, I would like to thank the significant contribution of Gary Marocchi to our club over the past eight years as President.
Gary has overseen one of the most successful periods in the club’s history. He is an icon of the WA game and we are very lucky to have him at Perth SC, where you will continue to see him at Dorrien Gardens each week as a volunteer.
While we should always be proud of our long and successful history at Perth SC, I believe the club’s best days are in front of us.
Working with the Board, members, and supporters, I have outlined five priorities for our club over the next two years:
- Financial sustainability and strong governance – my family, like many others, have been at this club for generations and we want to ensure future generations also get the opportunity to enjoy our club.
- Creating the best training, playing, and off-field environment for our mens, womens, and junior teams – Better Players, Better People.
- Enhanced integration of our junior and senior set-ups as well as creating a pathway for non-NPL players into our amateur program.
- Building our community, including strengthening our ties with our spiritual home at the WA Italian Club
- Solidifying Dorrien Gardens as WA’s premier community sports venue and our clubrooms as a “go-to” function centre for our members and the general community.
Our club exists to make all our members better players, striving to play at the highest level possible, and better people, who can make a positive contribution to our community.
We want to be the best soccer club in Western Australia, both on and off the pitch, representing our State with distinction on the national stage.
Our mission is to create lifelong members and supporters of our club, who pass on their love and passion for Perth SC to the next generation.
Our values of integrity, respect, ambition, effort, teamwork, and community will guide our decision-making on the board.
These are the values that were instilled in us by our founders – a group of Italian migrants from the WA Italian Club way back in 1948 – and still hold true today.
I look forward to catching up with you soon at the club.